03 July 2011

Kaylee Is Going Pencil Barrel -CANCELLED-

Getting a Del Ton 16" lightweight barrel for Kaylee.  I traded the M4 profile barrel that was on her and a mil-spec M4 stock for Marv to buy me the new one.

EDIT: Del Ton's barrels are 0.75" at the front sight base, not 0.625".  That will not do.  So I am going to fall back 15 yards and punt.

This is step 1 in making a 14.5" R653 Israeli model.

Step 2 is getting the lower engraved.

Step 3 is getting another tax stamp.

Step 4 is sending the barrel off to Adco or some such to be cut down.

I went with Del Ton because I've had good luck with them before.  Their barrels are the prized chromoly vanadium steel (CMV) that the military issues.

I would have gone with Bravo Company's 14.5" lightweight, but they never seem to have any in stock.  Besides I don't care for 1:7 rifling because I typically don't buy rounds heavier than 69gr and 1:9 is ideal for the 62gr M855

There were several other place selling this profile with 1:9 twist, but they are mostly 4140.  Del Ton is not charging more for the better steel, so why not?

Bushmaster sells one in 4150 that's almost as good as CMV, but they're liars.  I don't spend my hard earned on liars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.