01 July 2011

Works both ways, actually.

Reading the comments here.

"if you haven't been a cop for 20 years you couldn't possibly understand what it is that we do"

Officer, since you haven't been an everyday citizen for the last 20 years, I am entirely certain you've forgotten what it's like and cannot understand why I might react the way I do.

Are the police the enemy?  I might not go that far, but they definitely stopped being allies a while ago.

The recent failure to obtain open carry is a decent example.  The strongest opposition was from law enforcement professional organizations.  The fact that the cops have strong lobbyists in the capitol is extremely worrisome to me.  Seems a conflict of interest.  "We enforce the laws, pass this law," doesn't seem a proper way of doing things.

1 comment:

  1. "Officer, since you haven't been an everyday citizen for the last 20 years, I am entirely certain you've forgotten what it's like and cannot understand why I might react the way I do."

    Quote of the Day.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.