16 July 2011

Zeroed!

Took Tabitha and the new SBR upper to the range to get zeroed.

Sabrina's lower (which has a stamp) was used for the SBR zeroing.

The SBR upper at mechanical zero hit dead center and 7" low at 25 yards.  It was simple to crank the front post down and get it hitting the center.

Tabitha, who I had taken apart to get the flat slip ring for the new upper was still right on target.  1" group because of a flier, the other four rounds were touching dead center.

I really enjoy shooting at the Hernando Sportsman's Club, it's just a long haul out there.

Once again, not a single person either noticed or cared that I had a short barreled rifle.  I am beginning to think that it doesn't matter to anyone but BATFE.  Of course, they care a very great deal so I think that $200 is a fine offset to felonies and gigantic fines.

I also tested using a buffer for a 9mm in Tabitha.  The 6.8's seem to prefer heavier buffers and 9mm is plenty heavy.  She ran fine and showed not a whiff of pressure signs.

Marv took his newly made 16" carbine out to be zeroed as well.  His new barrel is Kaylee's old M4 profile barrel.  Nothing went wrong and he's a happy shooter as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.